Riviera Fitness/ Paramount acceptane

Issue not resolved
May 23, 2007
review #78805

I was a member of LADIES RIVIERA FITNESS whose billing was done by PARAMOUNT ACCEPTANCE.  RIVIERA failed to notify me that thier gym would be closing (I was later informed that they knew this before I joined)  They lied and told all of thier members that they were moving to a new building, closed the gym and told us that our new building was not complete yet, billed us for 3 months while we waited on the new gym to open.  Then we were informed (only if you called and asked) that we were sold to another gym a co-ed, no tanning available, 40 minute drive from my house gym.  PARAMOUNT ACCEPTANCE will not let me out of my contract.  I've been jumping through thier hoops for the last 3 months (including them giving me the wrong address to send a cancellation letter to, my letter was returned... this took 3 weeks and another billing cycle).  The lady from the gym they sold us to said that several women have tried to get thier contracts cancelled, but that PARAMOUNT ACCEPTANCE has not let anyone cancel.  Please be warned if you do business with either PARAMOUNT ACCEPTANCE or RIVIERA FITNESS, getting out of a contract (with legitamate reason) is next to impossible.

bdec87c
Had an experience with Riviera Fitness?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Riviera Fitness.
Filing a new complaint about
×